Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Paper stars came out nicely!








These have been turning out good!
I tried: magazine pages + glue stick,
wallpaper samples + double sided tape and
catalog pages and double sided tape.
Very satisfying!
These are from the pattern I mentioned in the SRP Metamorphosis theme below, from ThisRecycledLife- you can just add in sections to make them with more points, like the 6 pointed wallpaper star.
One thing I have to say is that as pretty as the wallpaper one is, the pretty side of the paper is just a little too slick to hold the double sided tape nicely, and I am sure it would need some kind of clamping to get glue to set.
Best and easiest results were magazine pages with double sided tape.
Again, thanks Paulette for finding this one! It's a keeper!
ps. that is my very handsome cat Jellyroll Morton inspecting the catalog star up at the top. He is a curious beast.

3 comments:

This Recycled Life said...

congrats! i love the wallpaper idea.

jess said...

OK, now I feel like a total moron. I after seeing this on your blog the other day, I ran home and spent more than an hour trying to do it - and I simply COULD NOT figure out how a and b went together!! My boyfriend tried, and he ended up with bunny ears. My mom tried, and she ended up tossing the paper on the floor. So, apparently we're all a little slow....

Lexi said...

Oh, wow- comments! *blush* ThisRecycledLife, wow- thank you so much! My co-worker Paulette found your stars the other day when I was freaking a little bit about needing to find a great Earth Day craft for the teens, and I fell in love with them! I love so many of the ideas on you blog! Thank you so so much!!!

Jessica, hi! OK- the trick is to glue the "pretty side" of a+b to the "pretty side of" a+b of your next piece-, kind of put your two pieces spine to spine, if you know what I mean... I'll try to post more pics later! Thanks so much for checking this out- I'm looking forward to reading more great tech tips on your blog too!