Tuesday, April 1, 2008

OK, I promised more detailed pics/instructions for the paper stars, and here they are.


Choose your paper- I decided to make this one a 6 pointed star, so I cut out 12 pattern pieces.



Fold the pieces, with the "pretty side" facing out, for all folds.






Glue the bottom parts of one pretty side to the bottom of another, and do that with all of your pairs of pattern pieces. Then, glue one folded over pretty side of one 'rabbit ear' to the folded over pretty side of another 'rabbit ear' pair. Repeat. Keep going until all of your pairs are glued together. At this point, it might be good to let the whole shebang dry a little bit depending on the glue you are using! ;) then, just take your two last unglued rabbit ear halves, and bring them together with glue!I used binder clips to hold that last bit together while the glue dried.
ta-daa! Done! And again, let me say that the idea, template, and whole goodness came from the clever, creative, and super-green ThisRecycledLife!

















4 comments:

jess said...

Awesome! Thanks! I can't wait to make some of these at the library!

Lexi said...

Sweet! I hope it goes well! :)

Anonymous said...

These came out so great! What kind of paper did you end up using for it?

Lexi said...

Hey B-Rae! What's up? The paper I finally got ;) is some sort of craft (scrapbooking?) paper- I got a great big whacking pack of it at Walmart, and the patterns are pretty sweet! Much better than that 50 cent Christmas clearance stationary we were looking at!